Keyboard Lessons, Piano Lessons | Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Music And Movement For Under Fives
- Qualifications: Master of Music majoring in Composition and Piano.
- Pricing: $30 per 40 minutes
- Styles: Personalized and Fun lessons
- Suitability: 4 years and up, beginner to advanced
Alissa Liu was born in Jordan, raised in Taiwan where she got her Master of Music
in 2012, and currently lives near central Wellington. She not only teaches music but is also
a professional composer with a number of her pieces performed internationally
as well as a working pianist in concerts, functions and other events.
Alissa Liu is an experienced music teacher and pianist who has been teaching
piano, composition and theory for over a decade to a range of ages from small
children all the way to university graduate level. She enjoys teaching a range of
styles, from classical to modern piano and encourages her students to pursue
goals, whether it be taking an exam, performing in public, writing their own music
or making progress with certain techniques.
About my teaching, I am committed to two ideals:
Firstly, I believe in making the music learning experience a positive and enjoyable one. Secondly, I believe in focusing on the joy of realizing achievements accomplished through hard work and dedication.
I have many years of teaching experience in music education both in private studios such as the internationally respected Yamaha studios and in the classrooms of both public and private schools. I am also able to provide music lessons which, in consultation with parents and students, adjust repertoire and teaching methods to suit individual needs.
I specialize in teaching young children from the age of 4 and above, but I also offer the following types of lessons:
* Piano from absolute beginner until Grade 8
* Piano or general music lessons for students with special needs
* Musical composition from piano, all the way to composition for full orchestra
* Music Theory from beginner until high level graduate school entrance examinations
* Multi-lingual lessons – English, Mandarin Chinese or Taiwanese.
About the music studio:
Beautiful central location, across the road from the botanic gardens main entrance. Plenty of free parking.
Let me invite you for the first trial lesson for free so you can try my teaching approach –
I’m looking forward to helping you achieve all your musical goals!