Electric Bass Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Piano Lessons | Ensemble Coaching, Theory Lessons
- Qualifications: ATCL (Tchg)
- Pricing: $48 per hour, $25 per half-hour
- Styles: Classical and Contemporary
- Suitability: All ages, all grades
– Learned classical piano from age 8.
– Topped my school (Avondale College) in music every year. Began teaching piano while still at school and taking music papers at Auck. University.
– Learned violin and played in the Auckland Junior Symphony Training Orchestra while at school. Later played a lot for theatrical productions and in the Auckland Symphony Orchestra for several years.
– Began playing contemporary music styles and took up electric bass and more recently electric guitar.
– Have played in several covers bands, keyboard, bass and guitar, also some jazz, combo and big band work. Currently playing in a working band.
– Have been playing in churches since childhood, everything from hymns and cantatas to the latest contemporary worship styles.
– Currently tutoring school rock bands plus teaching privately.
I teach in a relaxed, friendly manner. I enjoy my students and I enjoy everything about music.
I try to convey an enjoyment and understanding of music to my students along with the playing skills required. It’s a broad approach but I encourage my students to work to high standards.
I teach toward exams by Royal Schools of Music as well as Trinity College, covering everything needed.
I will also tutor for band work, especially in the context of contemporary church music.
I also help students preparing for school music assessments.
I have technical expertise with computers, sound systems, etc and will tutor in the area of digital music production.
I teach piano in Te Atatu South but can come to your place if required.