Piano Lessons | Artist development, Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring
- Qualifications: MMus Performance (first class hons), LTCL, ATCL
- Pricing: $38 half hour lesson
- Styles: Classical Piano
- Suitability: 6+
With an outstanding background in piano performance and over 8 years of teaching experience, Gabrielle Peake brings both her passion and her expertise to The Music Room, helping students create and find joy through music.
I’m Gabrielle, a piano teacher and pianist based in Kingsland, Auckland. I grew up in Te Awamutu, and have been ensconced in music my whole life. I began playing the piano at 5 and went on to study piano at The University of Waikato before completing my Masters at The Universtiy of Auckland graduating with First Class Honours in Piano Performance in 2011. I jetsetted to London after completing my studies to successfully audition at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. After a few hefty cups of tea I decided not to embark on the London music scene and enjoyed a couple of years playing without further study.
After living and teaching English in Vietnam this last year, whilst having the most eye opening experiences I have been inspired to come home and start a piano teaching studio. I have been teaching piano part-time with students of all ages and levels since 2006. Learning about how we learn and the social significance of music are topics I delve into. I am continually inspired by my fellow music students and life long teachers Katherine Austin and Rae de Lisle and am excited to teach by way of facilitating a love for learning and music.
The Music Room is…
– A place where students learn to play the piano in an atmosphere that is fun, engaging and innovative.
– Focused on creating a feeling of individual success, expression through music, writing own compositions and duet playing.
– Students are inspired to become life-long musicians and appreciators with the skills to branch out into other areas of the arts.
– A studio with a high expertise in Classical Music and full apprecitation for Modern Music, can teach anything from Bach to Beethoven, Chopin to Joplins’ Jazz to the most loved songs on the radio.